On a separate sheet of paper please answer these questions (or fill in the blanks)
1. AI is intelligence exhibited by machines. It doesn’t mean that ____________ .
2. What does it mean for a computer to be intelligent?
3. People can do more than solve problems: we are aware, sentient, sapient, and conscious. What does it mean for someone to be sapient?
4. What does it mean for someone to be sentient?
5. Some AI problems have successfully been solved. People are so used to them that we often don’t even call them AI. You may already be using some AIs in your own life. List & clearly describe two examples of these AIs.
6. There is a field of computer science called “philosophy of artificial intelligence.” List 2 of the questions that field is working to answer.
7. How are strong and weak AIs different?
8. In our resource, look at the 2 articles we link to “How to Help Self-Driving Cars Make Ethical Decisions”, or “What Will It Take to Build a Virtuous AI?” Summarize the first article, in your own words, in 3 well-written paragraphs. Summarize the second article for homework.